Our trip by bus and raft kicks off with a drive into the famous Skippers Canyon - quite possibly the most scenic drive in NZ! The views are astounding and the area is jam-packed with history and gold mining relics. Our knowledgeable guides will enthrall you with tales from the colourful gold mining past.
We will kit you out with all the rafting gear you'll need to keep you warm and safe from the ground up at our base beside the historic Pipeline built back in 1864. We take to the water at our put-in point made famous as 'The ford of Bruinen' in the Lord of the Rings movie, and float down gentle grade 1 & 2 rapids for 1-1.5 hours taking in the scenery, the gold mining relics and even making time for a swim or rock jump!
We are the only raft company in Queenstown allowed to carry children under 13 years due to the gentle nature of our trip. We have specialised equipment, qualified raft guides, are a Member of the NZ Rafting Association and are a Maritime NZ audited activity.
• Transport from Queenstown into Skippers Canyon and back
• Commentary on the way in and out of Skippers on the myriad of scenic highlights and historical points of interest
• Photo stops (we also offer a wicked photo pack @ $39, including rafting pics so you don't have to worry about your camera when you are in the raft).
• Light snacks & refreshments
• Modern rafting equipment
• Helmets, wetsuits or overpants, polar fleeces, spray jackets, life jackets & booties (note: all wetsuits and booties are sterilised after each trip)
Price: $179 Adult $120 Child (3 - 17 years)